May 14, 2011

Meeting Lila Rose

Anyone who has known me for long, knows that I am pro-life. Simply, I don't believe it's ever right to take innocent human life. I'd like to thank Dr. Seuss for putting it so simply: "A person's a person, no matter how small."

I know first-hand that the birthmother of our adopted child (soon-to-be adopted children) sacrificed, suffered, and took personal risks to give her unborn children the gift of life. Although it was a monumental challenge for her, she gave Marguerite the greatest gift of all. And, shortly, she will do the same for another little one. She is our hero.

Earlier this week, pro-life activist Lila Rose, came to Madison to speak. Anna Marie and I took the opportunity to head out to see her. Her talk was inspiring and eye-opening, as she has done undercover work that has exposed Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in the United States, covering up felonies. Just twenty-two years old, Lila Rose is a mover and a shaker in the effort to protect the smallest and most vulnerable among us. Anna Marie and I were thrilled to have a chance to meet her.
Lila Rose, center, with Anna Marie and friends.
In this photo, Lila Rose is asking Anna Marie if she is wearing a Miraculous Medal.
Anna Marie responds that it's a Joan of Arc medal. Lila says, "Joan of Arc is my Confirmation patron!" to which Anna Marie replies that St. Joan of Arc is also her Confirmation patron—a cool little connection.

1 comment:

Allison said...

And mine too, happy to be in such good and pro-life company!

Listening to Lila speak on YouTubes I am floored by her grace. May all our daughters be blessed by God with gifts they use for His design.