March 24, 2011

Slip, Sliding Away

Here's what happened to me yesterday on a ice-covered road.

I am thanking God that the kids were at home, Joe was in Madison, and no one else was involved.

And I am thanking God that I walked away from the accident, after climbing out of the top of the van (driver-side window) with the help of a good samaritan.

My guardian angel was working overtime yesterday. I'm still a little shaken. And sore.

I'm busy writing thank-you notes to the people who helped me... I am so grateful today.

Let me tell how weird it is to be on the top-side of a tipped van, hanging from one's seatbelt.

Look at that dirt streak on the road where the van skidded on its side.
I am so, so grateful there was no one on that passenger side.

If you look very carefully, you can see the black fender in the foreground of this photo -- in the ditch.
I hit the ditch in front of that spot, so that was a long series of jolts as the van spun and rolled
and ended up way up there. Glad I missed those telephone poles!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Glad you are okay! What kind of van is it?

Elizabeth in Wisconsin said...

A full-size (but not extended) 12-passenger Ford Econoline.

I guess they're not known for their zippy handling on ice (ruefully says this Wisconsin girl who grew up driving on snow and ice). ;)

Pamela said...

Oh, Elizabeth I am so sorry this happened to you:( Thak God the kids were not with you. I hope you heal well and fast.

Love and Hugs,
Pamela

Anonymous said...

Oh Goodness! I'm glad you are okay and that no one else was involved. I hope you feel better very soon.

Kim said...

Oh, Elizabeth! I am so thankful that you are okay! Take your time feeling better--I can only imagine how shaky you must feel. xoxo

Allison said...

Thank God you are OK! Yes...I am thanking HIm.

Nique said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe I am just seeing this now!

Thanks be to God you are okay Elizabeth.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jesus!