February 5, 2007

The Feast of the Purification


I'm a wanna-be. Yep, I admit it. I wanted the kids to make candles for The Feast of the Purification of Mary (also known as the Presentation in the Temple or Candlemas). And yes, I wanna be like Andrea or Elizabeth or Dawn. But what it all boiled down to over here was lack of organization. Didn't make it to the store. Didn't have the candle supplies. But, I did have chocolate -- white chocolate at that. So, in honor of the feast of the Purification (purity = white, right?), we dipped pretzels in white chocolate and settled in for a reading about the feast while (ahem) feasting. We followed that up with a dinner of pasta with white clam sauce.

The moral of the story: If all else fails, pull out the chocolate. And do keep white chocolate on hand. In a pinch, it works for a number of liturgical feasts.

While I am posting this entry a bit late, I hope all of you had a wonderful Candlemas!

2 comments:

Andrea Gray said...

"If all else fails- pull out the chocolate" I think I found my new homeschool motto! :) I love how you used what you had on hand to make the day special!
-Andrea

Leonie said...

The white chocolate coated pretzels sound yum!