September 18, 2010

Meal Planning

This is what it looks like when I actually plan meals (with the emphasis on "actually plan"). I either fly by the seat of my pants which results in the same-ol'-same-ol', or I actually go all-out and plan like a mad-woman.

On this, the last weekend before we started school, I went a little crazy mapping out some meals for this family. The number of pictured cookbooks is huge because of Kathleen's restricted diet. I had at least ten dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free cookbooks checked out from the library in an effort to put a little more variety into our limited diet.

Now, if our schedule and my energy could only keep up with my grand plans!

This is how our kitchen looked all day.
Think this will be enough cookbooks?

1 comment:

dadwithnoisykids said...

Hello. I came across your blog after you made a comment about the chupacabra. Our oldest daughter came up with a four-week meal plan for dinners, and we make a biweekly trip to Costco to stock up for the meals. We also have a spreadsheet of our 'usual' things we need from the store. It makes it easy to shop and plan and sometimes resist the temptation to impulse shop in Costco. It has helped with our budget and with the children who make dinner. God bless