August 21, 2010

Leaving the Babies Alone is a Hard Rule to Follow

Our kids DO know that if they find baby birds, they are supposed to look and refrain from touching, in order to protect the babies.

On this particular day, the kids apparently found that rule a little hard to follow. They even snatched the camera to document their weakness. ;)

My witnesses tell me that the kids were extremely gentle and put the baby birds back in the bird house where their nest was located. And, I'm happy to report, the mother bird came back and tended to her babies, despite the human interaction.

All's well that ends well. And those are some really cute babies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that handling the baby birds will cause a momma bird to not care of them is a myth. I can't remember where but I'll try to find out.