April 1, 2010

To Good Health

We fell a bit off the healthy bandwagon for a couple months after Marguerite was born. It's nothing new. I always lose my resolve when I have an adorable baby in the house. My lips need to be firmly planted on those cute baby cheeks at least half her waking hours. And that whole concept does not lend itself well to spending time in the kitchen.

We are back on track now though (and Marguerite continues to get oodles of kisses -- somehow we make it all work).  ;) 

For the last couple years, I've been implementing Nourishing Traditions recipes, food choices, and dietary principles into our lives, little by little. But recently, I've upped the ante a bit and tried to make the majority of our food choices truly healthy ones. That means we are no longer buying oils with trans-fats, we are limiting (and for some of us, avoiding altogether) sugar, and we are canning, fermenting, and cooking from scratch. It's time-consuming, but it sure seems worth it for long-term health.

The latest:  homemade yogurt, kefir, yogurt cheese, whey, sprouts, bread, kimchi, and beef and turkey broth. Say it with me: yum!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

little miss muffet
sat on her tuffet
eating her kimchi and whey;
along came a donut and good
little miss muffet, pushed that nasty old thing away!