September 30, 2009

Kid Quips

Yesterday's Funny:

Joe and Anna Marie were having a conversation. At some point in the conversation, Anna Marie used the phrase, "...a long time ago..." at which point Joe, ballad-singer that he is, launches into the opening bars of Don McClean's "American Pie": "A long, long time ago..."

No sooner had Joe finished belting out those opening five words of the song (which had nothing at all to do with Anna Marie's now truncated conversation), than Therese leaned in with great pride and finished, "...in a galaxy far, far away."

That's one three year old whose seen Star Wars with the older sibs a few too many times.

Today's Funny:

Three-year-old Therese walks up to me, toy phone in her hand, and says,
"Mom, I've got Hailey on speaker phone. Want to talk?"

How sophisticated, Little One.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I can't wait for Clark to get going on his talking. Makes me wonder what will come out, but at least I'll have an idea of whats going on in his head. =)

Barb said...

Ha HA ha HA ha HA! I think you should add video of some of these things to your blog!